After such a great response to the recent posts showcasing my box pleats, I decided to make a REALLY quick video tutorial on how to start box pleats.
This video will show you how to start the process, I can also show you the next steps if you’d like, but I wanted to get the bulk of this ‘How To’ demonstrated first.
Please note: I did not choose the best fabric for this video. I would definitely such a slightly more stable fabric. You can see more about my fabric suggestions in this post.
Instructions to Follow:
- Measure your desired length.
- Place your 1st pin 2 cm, or 5/8 in from your edge.
- Place a 2nd pin 1 inch away from the same edge. This is actually your first pin used for pleating.
- All remaining pins (until you reach your desired length) is 2 inches apart.
- Once all pins have been placed, start at your 1st pin (see #2) and skip the next pin. You will grab the 3rd pin and match your 1st and 3rd pins together.
- Pin your fabric together.
- Continue this until your desired length is met.
- Repeat step #1, this time it will be against the other end of the fabric.
I hope watching this was helpful. Next time, I promise to at least talk you thru the steps!! (technical difficulties :()
If you thought this information was useful and want MORE, please don’t forget to subscribe! I promise I won’t bite, or….. flood your inbox with too many emails. PROMISE!
Please let me know your thoughts below and if you decide to try box pleats, I wanna see!!!!
Tag me in your pics on social media (@A_Fashion_Addict1)
Until next time,