It’s that time of year again – if you haven’t already started to compile your list of things to make this year, what a better time than now to begin!
I’ve taken a long, unanticipated hiatus from my sewing room (which usually happens around the holidays), and as I write this post I’m committing myself to getting back to sewing!
For this new year, I plan on building pieces to my wardrobe that I will realistically wear – wardrobe building. I haven’t decided on which patterns will make the cut, but one things for sure – I need more separates in my closet. I’m planning on enlisting the help of Sew Conscious to help me with at least 12 projects this year!
Sew Conscious sends of a monthly sewing project, based on your personal style preference.
Here’s a shortlist of what I plan on making in 2017:
- Outerwear – jackets, at least 1 coat
- Tops – sweaters, blouses, tanks
- Dresses – multipurpose, functional & funky dresses
- Bottoms – jeans – a complete STRETCH, but we shall see
To get this party started – I’ve partnered with Elle of ElleRussSew.net for a pattern + fabric giveaway! Together, we’re giving away a total of 6 YARDS of fabric & patterns M7443, B6054 PLUS MORE!! Fabric options include 3 yards of printed ITY fabric – click HERE for a sample picture) and 3 yards of crepe fabric.
To enter into the giveaway, you must follow the following rules:
- Subscribe to both AFashionAddict.com & ElleRussSew.net blogs
- Follow + Comment on @ellerusssew & @a_fashion_addict1 posts on IG
- Tag 3 friends that love to sew
- Repost to your IG Followers
To keep things fair, we’ll be selecting our winner on January 31st at 7pm EST / 6pm CST, with the help of random.org. The winner will be announced on IG the same day and will have until 7pm EST on February 1st to respond!
Ready? Set! GO!